Wednesday 23 February 2011

Day 8 A day from Hell!!!

              I am using this blog not only to share my life while traveling with friends and family but also for a diary-like experience so that I can be able to look back and get the emotion and sense of what was going. So has much as I like posting about how good my travels and life are I will also include how difficult and challenging my travels can be.
      I slept in the morning because I had stayed up pretty late with sending out some Couch Surfing requests and Fredrik and I were due to leave for my Bus in Bardufoss at 11ish. I ate a simple Scandinavian breakfast which was bread and something on it. Since there was peanut butter I decided to use it because not too many places in Europe have it and just by luck Fredrik had some. I got on the Bus headed to Narvik and there I was going to take a train to Kiruna. When I got on the bus I started feeling a stomach pain. I went to the far back of the bus to try and lay down to sleep. The pain got worse and I eventually went to the bathroom. Afterwards I couldn't ignore how much this pain was effecting me. I layed there on the bus in misery. Also I started to have hiccups. It may sound funny for awhile to have hiccups but when you cant control it and stop it gets very frustrating especially when you're in pain. I felt I must have had food posioning or a stomach bug. The bus ride was about 2 hours and then I arrived at the train station. I kept having to run to Bathroom. I felt like I had to throw up but wasn't able too. My Stomach is very strong so normall its very hard for me to throw up. The train was late and I wish I could just wrap myself in warm blankets and just goto sleep some where. When you're traveling alone its not too bad as long as youre interacting with people. When you're traveling and you're sick it definitely highlights the fact that you're alone and you miss being with the people you love. The train finally comes but has to wait thirty minutes for it to be cleaned. The ride was about 3 hours and the pain also with Hiccups stayed!! so just imagine a guy layed down in his seat trying to sleep but keeps hiccuping... ahhhh I get mad just thinking about it haha.... I get off and I am going to be meeting my Host in about an hour and half. So what can I do ??? well its late and I'm in Kiruna so there isn't too much to do especially when its so cold outside.. So I lay down inside the train station a bench. I then keep running back to the bathroom and now have diarrhea.....not fun!!! I meet my Host Robert and he's a really nice guy. We go back to his place and watch a Futbol(Soccer) game Leon vs Real Madrid... It was pretty cool talking and interacting with someone... I did feel bad that I wasn't my normal talkative self the whole time. because yet again I had to goto the bathroom alot.. The final score ended up being 1-1... Then I went to sleep and didn't sleep too well because I kept rushing to the bathroom and also threw up sometimes.

Costs- Bus ticket  165 Norwegian Kroner(30 US)
           Train ticket 207 Norwegian Kroner(37 US)

1 comment: