Monday 28 February 2011

Day 14-15 Helsinki, Finland

Day 14 Arrival

           The Cruise ship was a couple hours late due to the Ice conditions. Vicky and I met my Host Tanja. We walked around the city and saw some beautiful churches and talked about our travels. Vicky was due to get back on the Cruise Ship around 17:00 to head back to Stockholm. It was interesting seeing the Russian influence in some of the Buildings. Later on that night Tanja and I went out to a Karaoke Bar!! There were plenty of Finnish guys singing and actually a few British guys singing too.... I got the courage to sing a song. Red Hot Chilli Peppers- Otherside... I only had a couple of Beers and I was pretty nervous.. I would say I did descent but I could of done alot better if I had some more drinks in me to feel more loose and confident.

Helsinki Travel Card- 11 Euros(15 US)






Day 15 Sightseeing continued

     Tanja and I went to see the Olympic Stadium, The Sibelius Monument, and some nice views of the seaside. We went to a Famous Restaurant where there known for there Kebabs. hmmmm I love Kebabs!!! Later on that night we met up with two other Surfers named Heydi and Linda. The group showed me around a few bars and we had our little Pub Crawl.






No comments:

Post a Comment