Thursday 17 March 2011

Day 29-31 Budapest, Hungary

Day 29 My Russian Mother

              I arrived in Budapest at 8:30 in the morning and I was at the peak of being sick. Runny nose, coughing and weakness sure isnt fun. I met Julia(CS) who is Russian and has lived in Budapest for the last couple years. She was kind enough to meet me at the train station. We went back to her place and she offered me a nice hot cup of tea. I contacted my CS host Balsz and we decided I would meet up with him later on in the night. Julia let me take a nap and went to the store to buy me some medicine. When I woke up I got ready, took some medicine, and went with Julia to meet some other CS members. After we met the group we walked around some and then went to a nice place for lunch. I ate a nice meal served with Trout and a salad. It was nice going with the group to explore some really nice parts of the city. Today was a national holiday and many people were off. There was a massive crowd that was out protesting the government. Then we went to a nice dessert place and chatted it up a bit. A CS member named Anders was from Sweden but working and living in Budapest came back to Julias place and helped me with a problem I had. I have a Swedish mobile phone and I needed to add money to my simcard but the website was all in Swedish so I couldnt understand any of it. Next Julia took me to Balszs place :) ... I am so thankful for people like Julia... Thank you so much!!!          


Day 30 Rest and a Tour through the city

                I slept okay through the night but Im still dealing with this cold. I met up with another CS member Gabby in the afternoon and we went to a place where I could eat some nice Hungarian soup. Then we walked towards the Castle. There were alot of steps and I was pretty tired by the time I got to the top but the view was worth it! Then we went to a liqour store and I bought Palinka(Hungaria Liqour). We went to a nice Hungarian restaurant that cook some great homestyle food. Later we went to the weekly CS meeting at a Bar and I got to talk to some people who lived in the area and were also traveling through like me. Right before bedtime I poured a shot of Palinka and mixed it with honey and garlic. This was a Hungarian home remedy to cure all... The garlic was pretty strong but it was alight.    























           
Day 31 Last day

              

              

1 comment: