Saturday 9 April 2011

Day 34-36 Bratislava, Slovakia

Day 34

          I arrived in Bratislava by train from Vienna around noon. I met a cs member named Shelby. She was an American from Tennessee working as an english teacher living in a nearby town. She was very kind and a terrific guide. The city is small with a great feeling and beautiful castle. We shared our stories of traveling and it was nice to hear how passionate she was. It feeds my passion when I met people who have similar interests. I met my host Martina later at night and we went to a nice bar and had some Slovakian beers.

Day 35

         I met a cs member Maria in the afternoon. We walked around the water and across a couple bridges. I had a traditional Slovakian dinner with my host. A group of four people Maria, Martina, Martina's friend, and I went to a nice bar for a few drinks. Then we went to a monument for fallen soldiers that had a beautiful view of the city. After enjoying the view and the normal chit chat we created a  story about Cedric the tree. haha

Day 36

          I slept in and got alot of much needed rest. I ate a Slovakian style schnitzel. I went to the airport in the afternoon. I flew to Girona, Spain and then took a bus to Barcelona. I met my host Anna really late and then went to sleep.












   

No comments:

Post a Comment