Saturday 9 April 2011

Day 37-41 Barcelona

Day 37

         I went on a walking tour through the ancient parts of the city. It was nice to see the area and hear stories about that area BUT It was the most boring tour I've ever been on. Midway through the walk I wanted to leave but I decided to stay. Afterwards I ate lunch with a few Americans and a guy named German(like Herman) from Chile who was also on the tour. German and I walked around the city and saw the Olympic Stadium and castle. We ate a nice traditional Spanish dish NOT haha we had it our way at Burger King. The cost of fast food in Europe is double compared to the States. The taste and size are also not as good. I met my host at an Irish Pub for a cs meeting. We drank some Catalin beers.

Day 38

           I met German at noon and we went to the Church of Sagrada Familia. It was very interesting and unique. I've been to my fair share of churches and its nice to see different ones that stand out from the crowd. Later on I met Snezanaa and her friend who were both cs members. We went to the Arena Bar where there was another cs meeting. CS is amazing in so many ways. Theres a community section of the website that have groups in the majority of the cities who hold weekly meeting and special events.

Day 39

           I metup with my friend Carissa at noon. She was my cs host when I was in Madrid. Shes in town for a few days and had already been to Barcelona before. Shes a great tour guide and gets lost very easily but its nice to wander through different parts of the city. We went to Park Güell and I surprised no one had told me about it yet because it was amazing and one of the best parts of Barcelona. At night we went to the Magic Fountain. We watched a water show that was synchronized with music.

Day 40

         Carissa and I went to the beach and saw the cucumber building(Torre Agbar). It was very windy but the sun felt so good beaming down on my skin. We met another cs member named Viola. We went to a shot bar where they had a list of about any shot ever made. They would light some of them on fire. Next we went to a few bars and enjoyed soe Catalin beers.

Day 41

         Carissa, Viola, and I went  to a couple Tapas Bars and enjoyed the different foods like Calamari and Potatoes Bravis. Tapas is when you order a beer and get a small side dish of food. We met Snezanaa and went to a Squat house where a show was scheduled. A squat house is when an abandoned building is being used by a group of people who don't own it. It was a massive sized warehouse where about 20 people performed theater shows, fire shows, acrobatics, and comedy. It was the best part of my trip in Barcelona.



























No comments:

Post a Comment